The City of Genoa is currently participating in an Enterprise Zone, which provides benefits to new and existing businesses. Visit our Economic Development Department page for more information.
Genoa offers a Complete Package of Advantages for Business and Industry
- Genoa offers a unique location for excellent transportation being centered in the middle of a triangle of 3 Interstate Highways.
- Genoa is at the intersection of two major State Highways, Illinois Routes 23 and 72.
- Genoa offers freight rail services from Two rail lines.
- Genoa offers passenger rail to the Chicago region and the Nation just 20 minutes away.
- Genoa is just an hour from O’Hare International & 30 minutes to Rockford Airport.
- Genoa is just 60 miles from Chicago and only minutes from Illinois’ second largest City, the City of Rockford.
- Genoa has a thriving Downtown with new Commercial, Office, and Industrial Developments.
- Genoa offers the qualities of a long established City with a solid base of planning for the future, coupled with small town friendliness.
- Genoa offers an aggressive Tax Incentive Policy for new business.
- Genoa has available Water and Sewer capacity, and excellent Gas, Electric, and Telecommunications Utilities.
- Genoa is just minutes from the second largest public university in Illinois, Northern Illinois University, with opportunities for student workforce, interns, research and data sources, and technical expertise.
- Genoa offers leadership by a progressive Mayor and City Council with support from a professional staff, to maintain a quality community and to advance the City as an outstanding place to live, work, and to grow a business.
Let us know how we can help!
(815) 784-2327 extension 7102