Interested in starting a business? Let us know how we can help!
- Why Genoa?
- Location and Map
- Development Inventory:
- Comprehensive Plan
- Zoning Map
- Traffic Counts
- 2016 Economic Investment
- Genoa Retail Fact Sheet
- 2010 Census Data
Don’t see what you’re looking for? Give us a call!
About Economic Development
Genoa is an award winning city, with the benefits of both an urban and rural community. Genoa is situated within just twenty minutes of I-90, I-39 and I-88, all of which allow access to urban areas such as Chicago and Madison. Passenger rail to Chicago is also just 20 minutes away and O’Hare airport can be reached within an hour. Chicago is 60 miles away and Rockford just 15 minutes. Illinois’ second largest public university, Northern Illinois University, can be reached in 20 minutes. Genoa has a market area of 35,000.
Locally, the City of Genoa has an excellent school system, a thriving downtown and housing for all incomes. The community is ideal for families with many community events, parks and activities. The City is also welcoming of business through tax incentives and a proactive Chamber of Commerce. Genoa has been approved for a state enterprise zone, which also offers State incentives to both commercial and industrial development projects.
Genoa offers the benefits of a long established City, with planning for the future, in addition to small town friendliness.
Click here for more information about incentives and benefits of DeKalb County’s Enterprise Zone.
Click here for a map of Genoa’s Enterprise Zones.
- .6 acre, .78 acre, 1.14 acre, 2+ acre industrial and business lots available, all utilities, heavy industrial street, light industrial zoning, direct access to IL 23 in the Pearson South Center Business Park. Contact: Al Browne, Al Browne Chevrolet, phone: (815) 784-2511, Joline Suchy or Angela Rich, Trademark Properties, phone: (815) 784-4582
- 308, 310, & 316 W. Main Street – Extremely well-maintained retail building for sale. Would make a great owner operated building with leases to cover mortgage. In addition to three separate retail spaces, building has two – 1 bedroom, 1 bath apartments upstairs. When fully leased, the building has a great cap rate. Newer roof, HVAC and wiring. Contact: Adam Katz (email@example.com) of RVG Milner/Carpenter. Phone (815) 754-4000. Please see flyer for additional information.
- 705 E. Main St. Prime, buildable corner commercial lot on Main Street in Genoa, IL for a free standing building. Previously approved for a 6,000 sq. ft. 2 story building with on site parking: 3,000 sq. ft. commercial lower level, and 2 three bedroom apartment units upper level. High visibility and across the street from McDonald’s.On Rt. 72(Main St.) in Genoa, just east of the stop light at the intersection of Rt. 23. Priced at $79,900. Contact Rick Hoffman of Hoffman Realty LLC at 815 522-3255 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- 407 Sycamore Road – 1800 to 7200 square feet for lease. Adjacent to the new Piggly Wiggly and with excelled visibility from Route 23. Signage on Route 23. Contact: Mike Carpenter, CCIM (email@example.com) of RVG Milner/Carpenter. Phone (815) 754-4000. Click Here for Flyer.
- Prairie Ridge Pointe Commercial Center – 401 Hadsall Street. Near Ace Hardware, bank, strip center, storage building. Fully imporoved with city water and public sewer. Lots 8, 10 and 11 available. Contact: Kathy Jansen, RE/MAX Central, phone: (847) 274-6683; office: (630) 980-4440; email: Kathy@kjansen.com.