City of Genoa – Street Crack-fill Information
Each year, the City evaluates its street and selects cost-effective maintenance treatments to enhance and extend the useful life of the pavement. When pavement is in relatively better condition, crack-fill is applied to extend the life of the pavement and reduce potholes and to prevent water from entering the pavement to reduce the spread of cracking. The crack-fill program is a very cost-effective program that helps maintain and extend the life of the City’s streets.
The following streets are scheduled to be crack-filled starting on Monday, April 27th, and will last a couple of weeks depending on the weather. Watch for the notification signs that will be posted on or near your street. There are some streets listed below that are tentatively scheduled and may not be completed depending on the funds/work needed by each street. The map shows those streets to be completed marked in black and those streets tentatively scheduled marked in the red dash.
Crack-filling is a mobile operation that results in minimal disturbance to residences, businesses and motorists, however, lane closures may be required when the contractor is working along thoroughfares. The roadways will remain open to at least one lane of traffic in each direction at all times. Parking may be restricted for short periods of time when the contractor is working along local streets. The work will be performed between the hours of 7 AM to 5 PM Monday through Friday. There may be some exceptions, if necessary.
Trash collection pickup will not be affected by the construction work. Please contact City Hall at (815) 784-2327 if there are any questions regarding the work.
- W. 2nd Street – B Street to N. Emmett Street
- W. 1st Street – W. Main Street to Duval Avenue
- W. Main Street – City Limit to Park Avenue
- B Street – W. Main Street to W. 2nd Street
- A Street – W. Main Street to North Street
- Adams Street – W. 1st Street to W. 2nd Street
- N. State Street – W. 1st Street to W. 2nd Street
- Washington Street – W. 1st Street to W. 2nd Street
- Monroe Street – W.1st Street to W. 2nd Street 4
- N. Emmett Street – W. 1st Street to W. 2nd Street
- Jackson Street – Jackson Woods Court to S. Genoa Street
- S. Emmett Street – W. Hill Street to Jackson Street
- Evans Avenue – N. Hadsall Street to end east of Prairie Street
- N. Hadsall Street – E. Main Street to W. Railroad Avenue
- Stiles Street – E. Main Street to W. Railroad Avenue
- Robinson Street – E. Main Street to E. Railroad Avenue
- Pearson Drive – S. Hadsall Street to South Centre Drive
- S. Hadsall Street – Homewood Drive to end south of Pearson Drive
- Secretariat Drive – Derby Line Road to Sir Barton Drive
- Whirlaway Drive – Gallant Fox Drive to Secretariat Drive
- War Admiral Drive – Secretariat Drive to Secretariat Drive
- Gallant Fox Drive – end west of War Admiral to Drive Sir Barton Drive
- Sir Barton Drive – Secretariat Drive to end south of Secretariat Drive
The following streets are tentatively scheduled and may not be completed.
- Oakview Lane – Ellwood Greens Road to end south of Westwood Circle
- Westwood Circle – Oakview Lane Oakview Lane
- Timber Trail – Oakview Lane to end east of Oakview Lane
- Eureka Street – W. 1st Street to W. 2nd Street
To view the map, click here.