Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of March/April/May/August/September/October at 7:00pm in the City Hall Council Chambers. PUBLIC WELCOME
Creation and Establishment
The City Tree Board shall consist of five (5) members, chosen from citizens who are residents of the City or who have demonstrated interest in the City. Members shall be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council. (Ord. 868, 7-12-94)
Powers and Duties:
The Tree Board shall develop, and each subsequent year, update the Urban Forestry Plan. The plan shall outline urban forestry program activities for a minimum of the next five (5) years. This plan shall:
- describe the urban forestry activities to be undertaken by the City,
- the reasons for those activities,
- the possible funding sources,
- the means of accomplishing the activities,
- the Alternatives available to the City to fund or accomplish the activity,
- the projected date of completion and
- the consequences if the activity is not completed.
Activities may include but are not limited to: street tree inventory, planting, tree removal, beautification projects, and educational projects. Such plan will be presented annually to the City Planning Department and City Council and upon their acceptance and approval shall constitute the Official Urban Forestry Plan of the City of Genoa.
Tree Board Specification Manual(PDF) – Table I of this document lists tree species or their varieties acceptable and approved for planting on City Property. Unacceptable tree species or their varieties, and undesirable forms of any variety contained in Table II should not be planted on City-owned property, unless under special circumstances as noted in Section B.
- Desirable Trees Page 10-12
- Undesirable Trees Page 13
- Tim Frick
- Michael Haines
- Debbie Horbus
- Orrin Merritt
- Tom Smith
- Janice Melton (815) 784-2271