Meetings are held on the 2nd Tuesday of April/May/August/October at 7:00pm in the City Hall Council Chambers.
Creation and Establishment
The City Tree Board shall consist of five (5) members, chosen from citizens who are residents of the City or who have demonstrated interest in the City. Members shall be appointed by the Mayor with the advice and consent of the City Council. (Ord. 868, 7-12-94)
Powers and Duties:
The Tree Board shall develop, and each subsequent year, update the Urban Forestry Plan. The plan shall outline urban forestry program activities for a minimum of the next five (5) years. This plan shall:
- describe the urban forestry activities to be undertaken by the City,
- the reasons for those activities,
- the possible funding sources,
- the means of accomplishing the activities,
- the Alternatives available to the City to fund or accomplish the activity,
- the projected date of completion and
- the consequences if the activity is not completed.
Activities may include but are not limited to: street tree inventory, planting, tree removal, beautification projects, and educational projects. Such plan will be presented annually to the City Planning Department and City Council and upon their acceptance and approval shall constitute the Official Urban Forestry Plan of the City of Genoa.
Arboricultural Specification Manual
- Tim Frick
- Michael Haines
- Orrin Merritt
- Tom Smith
- Chuck Walters
- Janice Melton (815) 784-2271
|April 11th||April 11th|
|May 9th||May 9th|
|August 8th||August 8th|
|October 10th||October 10th|
- 2022- No Meetings Held
- 2021- No Meetings Held
- 2020- No Meetings Held
- 2019 Agendas / 2019 Minutes
- 2018 Agendas / 2018 Minutes
*A request for older agendas and/or minutes can be emailed to email@example.com.