Economic Development Commission
Economic Development Commission
The City of Genoa’s Economic Development Commission is an advisory committee of forward-thinking local leaders who provide leadership and strategic guidance to the City Council, Staff, and Businesses.
Mission: The Economic Development Commission’s mission is to promote and develop business and industry for the purposes of strengthening the local economy, providing jobs, and expanding the City’s tax base.
The Economic Development Commission of the City shall have the following duties:
- To review applications for grants, loans, and other financial incentives or inducements related to economic development prospects, and recommendations with respect thereto, to the City Council.
- To initiate, direct and review, from time to time, studies of the economic development characteristics of the City.
- To provide strategic recommendations for the maintenance of the economic health of the existing community which includes attracting and retaining industrial, commercial, and residential development as well as other supporting services which will provide quality job opportunities and broaden the tax base and enhance the quality of life in the City of Genoa.
- To review, and analyze various statistics, trends, and reports to keep abreast on issues that may affect economic development policy in Genoa.
- To cooperate with local governments, economic development organizations including the DeKalb County Economic Development Corporation, the Genoa Area Chamber of Commerce, educational institutions, convention and visitors bureaus, and other City organizations and commissions in their marketing and promotion efforts to attract new business to the Community.
- To work with community stakeholders to identify and attract key businesses and recommend infrastructure and policy improvements, such as incentive programs, to attract economic development.
- To provide assistance to City Staff as requested to meet project goals and deadlines, including assistance to the City Council in an advisory capacity in matters related to the City’s activities under the State of Illinois Business Development and Redevelopment District statute.
- To provide an annual update to the City Council on the activities of the Commission.
- To recommend goals and methods for enhancing the relationship between the City and its business community.
- To make recommendations to the City Council on how to improve the overall competitiveness of the community and how to create opportunities and developable sites for future economic development.
- Carolyn Tobinson, Chair
- Nick Bradac
- Josh Kubiak
- Rob Lange
- DeaLynn Stone
The Economic Development Commission meets on the second Monday of each month at 3:30 PM in the Council Chambers at 333 East First Street.
|January 10th||January 10th|
|March 14th||March 14th|
|May 9th||May 9th|
|June 13th||June 13th|
|July 11th||July 11th|
|August 8th||August 8th|
|September 12th||September 12th|
|October 3rd||October 3rd|
|November 14th||November 14th|
|December 12th||December 12th|
*A request for older agendas and/or minutes can be emailed to email@example.com.