*PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE*
Notice is hereby given that the Plan Commission of the City of Genoa will hold a public hearing on Tuesday, December 19, 2023, at 7:00 p.m. in the Genoa Municipal Center, 333 East First Street Genoa, Illinois 60135 to consider proposed amendments to the City’s Comprehensive Plan submitted by the Comprehensive Plan Task Force and the corporate authorities to the Plan Commission for consideration and a recommendation to the City Council regarding same. Copies of such proposed amendments to the City’s Comprehensive Plan are on file and may be examined during regular business hours at City Hall, 333 East First Street Genoa, Illinois 60135. All persons desiring to be heard shall have such opportunity, in support or opposition to the proposed amendments to the City’s Comprehensive Plan and may submit their statements orally or in writing or both at such public hearing.
Ron Sheahan, Plan Commission Chair
The Plan Commission shall meet not less than once monthly and may provide for regular or special meetings, as it shall deem required.
Powers and Duties:
The Plan Commission shall have the following powers:
- To prepare and recommend to the City Council a Comprehensive Plan for the present and future development or redevelopment of the City.
- To recommend changes, from time to time, in the Official Comprehensive Plan.
- To schedule and hold public hearings in regard to ordinances or resolutions to adopt a Comprehensive Plan or amendment thereto.
- To give aid to officials of the City, including the Planning Department charged with the inspection of improvements embraced within the Official Comprehensive Plan.
- To exercise authority in the conduct of matters of planning as may be referred to the Plan Commission, from time to time, by the Planning Department or the corporate authorities.
- To exercise such other powers as may be provided by ordinance. (Ord. 857, 5-10-94)
- Ron Sheahan, Chair
- Jennifer Barton
- Michael Cirone
- John Patela
- Chris Riggs
- Brian Wallace
|January 12th(Cancelled)||January 12th(Cancelled)|
|February 9th||February 9th|
|March 9th||March 9th|
|April 13th||April 13th|
|May 11th||May 11th|
|June 8th (Cancelled)||–|
|June 22nd (Special Mtg)|
|July 13th (Cancelled)||–|
|August 10th (Cancelled)||–|
|September 14th (Cancelled)||–|
|October 12th (Cancelled)||–|
|November 9th (Cancelled)||–|
|December 14th (Cancelled)||–|
|December 19th (Special Meeting)|
- 2022 Agendas and Minutes
- 2021 Agendas and Minutes
- 2020 Agendas and Minutes
- 2019 Agendas and Minutes
- 2018 Agendas and Minutes
*A request for older agendas and/or minutes can be emailed to email@example.com.